With the changing seasons, it’s highly likely that your home has experienced its fair share of storms. Rainstorms, thunderstorms, hailstorms, and blizzards can all cause damage to your roof—even if the intensity of the weather is on the lighter side of the spectrum.
Regardless of the type or intensity of the storm that occurs, you know as a homeowner that the roof needs to remain in excellent condition to keep you and your loved ones safe from the elements. With a proper roof installation, you can reduce the risk of hidden storm damage to your roof. That being said, even the most well-built roof can fail to prevent storm damage when the damage is hidden.
Even the most innocent form of storm damage such as a few damaged roof shingles can lead to larger problems if left unchecked. That’s why after a storm it’s important to have a professional exterior renovation company like DreamHome Remodeling come out to perform an inspection of your property, and if necessary, provide any roofing storm repair services that are needed.
The Dangers of Hidden Storm Damage
Most likely, you are already diligent about checking your roof after a storm. However, there may still be subtle signs that go unnoticed. Failure to have a professional roof inspection completed from a reputable Maryland and Virginia roofer can lead to the consequences below:
- Costly Repairs: When the damage is minimal—like with a loose roof shingle or a missing piece of tile, the cost is rather low. However, many homeowners choose to ignore this warning sign because the damage is minimal. This is a mistake that can lead to more costly repairs due to the hidden storm damage. Improperly placed shingles/tile can lead to leaks, roof collapse, and more if left unchecked.
- Water Damage: This type of damage is often the most hidden and the most destructive as a result. Once the roof becomes compromised in any way, the ability for water to slip through the roof becomes automatic. The worst part about this occurrence is how easily the water becomes trapped in the attic or other locations in the house. When water remains trapped, it becomes a breeding ground for mold. That’s why it’s always best to thoroughly inspect the roof since water damage is not always that obvious.
- Safety Hazards: A compromised roof is an unsafe roof. However, most homeowner’s are unaware at what point the roof becomes unsafe. It can take time or be sudden in its development, but when the underlying structure of the roof is neglected then the possibility of your roof collapsing or other dangerous conditions can become a probability.
Roofing with DreamHome
Our crew of exterior remodelers atDreamHomeRemodeling has provided superior roofing and storm damage repairs to our customers for almost 20 years. Our goal is to provide superior service as quickly and completely as possible so that our customers can get back to regular life sooner than later.
Our customers know that with us as their Maryland and Virginia roofer they will receive the following benefits:
- Roof Inspections: Before unpacking one piece of equipment, we provide a comprehensive inspection to spot any damage quickly.
- Accurate Estimates: You need to know what to expect in terms of cost and insurance claims, and we provide those estimates in an accurate and timely manner.
- Professional Roof Repairs: Our experienced contractors are the area’s leading experts in home roof repair, maintenance, and installations.
- Hail Damage Expertise: Hail damage is one of the most destructive and common types of storm damage for homes in the United States. Hail affects different roof types in different ways, and our crew is trained and experienced to address those differences with superior-quality roofing solutions.
- Flexible Financing: Roofing repairs shouldn’t be a chore to budget, which is why we offer flexible financing options to cover what insurance might not.
Are you ready to solve your home’s roofing issues with top-quality roofing storm repair? Give us a call to speak with one of our agents at DreamHomeRemodeling over the phone, or fill out our online form to schedule your free quote and in-home consultation.