Chances are that as a homeowner you have come across the need to perform repairs to your home’s exterior features. In some cases, you may have needed to replace instead of repair. While many tasks can be handled yourself, there are some that require a professional contractor for best results and a return on your investment. Having a new roof installed is just one of those tasks.
However, not every contractor is equal when it comes to skills, experience, and quality. That’s why when it comes to your new roof, only the best will do. The roof is your first and best line of defense against the weather and wildlife, so the investment should match accordingly.
When it comes to trusted roofing experts, there are none that are as trusted as an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor. In this article, find out what makes Owens Corning Platinum Preferred contractors stand out in the industry, and why our team at DreamHome Remodeling takes such pride in having earned such a distinction.
What Makes an Owens Preferred Contractor?
Not every exterior renovation company is an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor, and for good reason. For a trusted roofing expert to be awarded this recognition, they have to be handpicked and selected by one of the top manufacturers in the country for excellence in their field. At the end of the day, roofers who boast this qualification are considered a cut above the rest—and can guarantee the quality and superior performance of your roof construction. Your Maryland and Virginia Roofer has to meet the following criteria in order to qualify:
- Proper Licensing: To be considered for this status, the roofer needs to be licensed. Licensure is a checkpoint designed to filter out companies that are disreputable. With or without the qualification, any trusted roofing expert needs to be licensed according to city, state, and federal guidelines as they apply.
- Invest in General Liability: All roofers should carry general liability to cover any accidents or damages that may occur during the installation. In addition to meeting this basic requirement, Owens Corning contractors also carry a minimum of $1M in insurance coverage, which is above and beyond what most contractors carry. With an Owens Corning contractor, you can rest easy knowing that you’re protected against any incidents.
- BBB Recognition: This is non-negotiable for Owens Corning standards, and should be for you as well. Not only does a company have to be recognized by the Better Business Bureau, but it also must be in good standing. This means at least an A rating with excellent complaint resolution. Mistakes happen, but it’s how they are handled that set Owens Corning contractors apart from the rest.
- Dun and Bradstreet: Owens Corning works with Dunn and Bradstreet to perform a risk assessment aka a credit analysis. Passing this credit check is a sign that the contractor is one worth doing business with. For homeowners, this offers an extra degree of reliability.
- Same Name: Any potential candidate has to keep the same company name for at least three years. Ideally, this would be longer. It’s considered a bad sign when local companies change names frequently. This could imply that something isn’t kosher about the company’s practices. A company that keeps everything the same is one that has nothing to hide or worry about.
- No Bankruptcy: Tied to the credit assessment, this is another non-negotiable aspect of an Owens Corning contractor. Bankruptcy can’t have been filed in the last seven years in order for a candidate to qualify. Companies who file indicate that the company is either managed poorly or they are struggling to pay off debts.
- Pass the Inspection: One can meet all the previously mentioned requirements and still not qualify. Why? Because roofing standards are measured by performance. Owens Corning takes the time to inspect and verify that the contractor provides flawless work at all times. For a homeowner, nothing can be better than flawless.
Trusted Roofing Experts with DreamHome Remodeling
The team at DreamHomeRemodeling is proud of their status as Owens Corning contractor. Besides qualifying for this status, we have gone the extra mile like we always do by earning the top tier rating. What this means is that we are considered an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor. We accomplished this rating thanks to our commitment to excellence in providing roofing services to our customers.
Ready to work with your trusted roofing experts at DreamHome Remodeling? Give us a call to speak with one of our agents about our professional roofing storm repair services, or fill out our online form to schedule your free quote.